Candle Safety

• Candles and Wax Melts should never be left unattended.
Always keep candles and wax warmers away from children and pets.
Remove all labels and packaging before burning candles and warming wax melts.

PILLAR CANDLES (Original Designs)

To optimize the burning of pillar candles, allow enough burning time (the first time you burn the candle) for melted wax to reach within 1/4 inch of the edge - typically that's about 1 hour per 1 inch diameter of the candle. Continuously burning a candle for short periods of time can cause the candle to tunnel.  This can result in wasted wax.  When liquid wax reaches the edge of the candle the wax at the edge becomes soft. Continuous burning at this point could result in liquid wax running down the side. If this happens the flame will continue to melt wax faster and continue the erosion of wax along the side of the candle in a straight line that makes the candle appear to have a crack. The resulting spilled wax runs out over the holder and onto furniture, tablecloths, and carpet causing a mess.

Never leave a pillar candle unattended. If no one will be around to watch the candle, you should extinguish the candle for re-lighting at a later time.

CONTAINER CANDLES (Home and Travel Collections)

Always place your candle on a heat resistant surface. Keep the flame from getting too close to the bottom of the container. The heat from the flame can cause the container to crack. Always handle burning container candles with care and keep away from children and pets. The melted wax and flame can cause the containers to be too hot to handle. When the wax level is from 1/4" from the bottom of container, you should discontinue use.

Special care should be taken to protect surfaces and flammable materials (curtains, table cloths, etc..)and surrounding areas from hot containers and melted wax.


WAX MELTS

Keep Wax Burner/Melter in a safe place away from children, pets, flammable items and drafts.  Keep Wax Melts in a cool, dry environment away from direct sunlight and only use for their intended purpose.  Wait until your wax has cooled down when cleaning your wax warmer and removing the wax. Hot wax is very dangerous!  Never add water to your wax burner.